DURATION OF MEETING: ATTENDEES:
December 11, 2018
Regular Board Meeting
The Exibit Gallery & Fine Art Center 6:00 PM - 7:45 PM
● Ed Cepiel, President
● Ray Grossi, Vice President
● Rose Grossi, Treasurer
● Caroline Cummings, Secretary
● Karl Buhle
● Minutes were approved.
● Treasurer’s Report was accepted as presented and placed on file for review.Old Business
--Ray will reach out to artists. December had about 35 people with $28 in donations.
-There was a discussion about what to do with the other boards left over from the snowman project. Still no consensus on the course of action.
JAS--There was a discussion about paying Chris Hankins for judging this year’s event.
FROM NOV (There was a discussion about having one in the summer in conjunction with an outdoor event. Or the group discussed having the next indoor one for November and have it in conjunction with a gala event.)
○ The decision was made to have a guild/society/club group membership rate at $200 and
the membership would include a discount for all members, one art show per year, and a
10% gallery discount.
○ In Focus Photography Group located in Plainfield, Illinois. Kim Boyles contact. January
show with Gala event on January 18 from 6-8 pm. There was discussion on whether The
EXibit would need to find a judge. It was determined that the club found their own
The group analyzed the youth art show. Only received entries from Morris Elementary
and Seneca Elementary. The breakdown of entries: K-1 (9); 2-3 (17); 4-5 (10); 6th (20);
7th (23); 8th (27). There was a discussion to have a separate elementary versus middle
school show. Also, the group decided to reach out via email and check with other
schools about next year. Notes have been added to the Youth Art Show File.
--Except for youth art show--ALL artwork must be able to be hung.
Youth art show in December “Show what makes you happy in winter....” any medium. Prizes will
be art gift baskets. K-1, 2-3, 4-5, 6-8 categories. Gala is 12/16 from 2-4 pm. Prizes revealed. Turn in artwork 12/3-12/7. (Send to Nettle Creek, Saratoga, Mazon, Coal City, Lisbon, ISC, Morris, Gardner, Minooka, Channahon, Braidwood, Wilmington, St. Rose, Seneca, Marseilles, Milton Pope)
● ● ● ●
○ High School art show. Gala March 8 from 6-8 pm. Prize revealed, People’s Choice; receive artwork preference is 2/25-3/1 but will take up to the week before. Need a sponsor.
○ “April No Holds Barred Photo Show (NHBP)”. Ed will create a document. March 29-April 3 for drop-off. Gala will be April 12. The show will run April 8-27 (3 weekends). Need a corporate sponsor.
○ May Art Show drop off will be April 29-May 4
IMAGINARIUM--The week set for this camp is June 3-7, 2019. Waiting on Ray to create the
-No new information
--Classes resume in January. Need to flesh out.
PR/ADV--Weekly email is sent out on Fridays. Need to get posters on Instagram and use the Chamber for events.
Caroline is still waiting on the roof structural components from Ray to work on the grants.
Caroline will look at other options
--Ed will try and work the Saturdays that Mary Lee cannot.
(Exibit Fine Art: Exibitcenter)
artwork on the Instagram account. Weekly add all posters to Instagram account. Add
Need to make sure all
upcoming events weekly to Chamber website.
● The group discussed how to do rentals of the space. Prefer not during gallery hours. Caroline
MUSIC LESSONS--The group decided it is time to actually implement the lesson portion of the facility. From Previous Minutes: Ray will contact Elbie Odom from St. Francis University about the facility for his students.
○ We will look for a second set of full drums.
○ Teachers will need to pay for a background check. A new form will need to be
○ We will charge $5 per hour with a two hour minimum.
○ Hours of operation will be M-F 4-6, 6-8. 9-10 pm. Saturdays will be 10-12, 12-2, 2-4
The group discussed canvassing for instructors outside of town.
will make a form for space rental.
● Caroline contacted the city in regards to Gould Park availability in June for an Art in the Park
event. The shelter in the park will be torn down, so having an event there will be difficult. The
group will discuss again in January.
Caroline to create a simple teacher contract.
Do the same for music lessons.
Caroline to create a rental form.
Caroline to purchase carpet for front glass case.
Caroline will write a grant for city in early January.
Ray to work on advertising OMN.
Ray to fix donation board.
Ray to make Imaginarium logo for youth programming (use Artie?).
Ray to work with Odom on music instruction.
Ray to provide Caroline structural components for roof.
11. Cara to make sure membership winners get cards.
12. Cara to input artist cards from LAF (ask Rose).
13. Cara to email upcoming events every Friday.
14. Cara to get all artwork on Instagram.
15. Cara to put all posters and put events into Chamber website weekly.
16. Cara to canvas for out of town instructors.
17. Rose to make posters for AKK
18. Rose to show by program funds allocated and spent by program after an event. 19. Rose to follow up on AS postcard with Cal’s and thank you notes.
20. Rose to follow up with art teachers.
21. Mary Lee finish painting cabinets.
22. Ed to work on video sound system for OMN.
23. Ed to set up forms for March HS show and NHBP show.
24. Ed to create a fillable form for on-line submission of artwork,
Calendar of Events
● EBOD Meeting 1/8/19 @ 6:30 pm
● Friday, January 11 7-9 pm--TEP Sign Painters movie
● Saturday, January 12 from 4-6 pm--Annual X Open House
● Friday, January 18 from 6-8 pm--In Focus Photography Group Gala
● Tuesday, 1/15, 1/22, 1/29, 2/5, 2/12 Sign Class (Ray)
● Monday, January 28 @ 6:15 pm--Monthly EBOD Meeting
● Friday, February 1@ 7 pm OMN
● Monday, February 25, 2019 @ 6:15 pm--Monthly Board Meeting
● HS Art Show drop off February 25-March 2; Gala Friday, March 8 from 6-8 pm
● Friday, March 1 1@ 7 pm OMN
● Monday, March 18 @ 6:15 pm--Monthly Board Meeting (cc can’t be there after March 12 or 13th gone rest of month).*
● NHBP Art Show drop off March 31-April 6; Gala is Friday, April 12 from 7-9 pm (3 weekends)
● Friday, April 5 @ 7 pm OMN
● Monday, April 29 @ 6:15 pm--Monthly Board Meeting
● Friday, May 3 @ 7 pm OMN
● Monday, May 20 @ 6:15 pm--Monthly Board Meeting
● June 3-7--Imaginarium Kids Camp
● Friday, June 7 @ 7 pm OMN
NEXT SCHEDULED MEETING: Tuesday, October 23 at 6:30 pm
Free membership drawings: Teri Shaw--January
Ashley Tondini--February Anna Moore--March
James Schuster--April Paulyn Ward--May
Allison Mitchell--June Jeanine Parris-Calogero--July --August
D’Anna Gugherty--September --October
Artie’s Kreative Korner
Brush n’ Brew
The EXibit Presents
TEP--Friday ? 7-9 pm Sign Painters movie
Sign class Tuesdays 1/15, 1/22, 1/29, 2⁄5, 2/12 (quill black ltr on glass)
January show--In Focus Photography Club gala on January 18 from 6-8 pm
Annual Open House Saturday, / from 4-6 pm light refreshments (also membership drive)