February 5, 2019 Annual Board Meeting The Chop House
6:00 PM - 7:45 PM

  • ●  Ed Cepiel, President

  • ●  Ray Grossi, Vice President

  • ●  Rose Grossi, Treasurer

  • ●  Caroline Cummings, Secretary

  • ●  Karl Buhle


  • ●  Minutes were approved.

  • ●  Treasurer’s Report was accepted as presented and placed on file for review.Old Business

  • ●  The group discussed rental space fees. Rose motioned and Caroline seconded that a rental fee would be a minimum of three hours at $200 with each hour after being $50 to cover staff.

  • ●  The group discussed setting up the music lesson room. An instructor met with the group about offering lessons on January 28, 2019. His name is Jaeden Blamer. Lessons would be offered upstairs in the room from 3-8 pm Monday through Thursday. Mr. Blamer teaches lessons for guitar, percussion and songwriting. The group discussed the ;unchlist for the room, which includes painting, sound proofing, carpet treatment, etc. Mr. Blamer is especially interested in in song writing and sound recording.

  • ●  The group discussed fundraising ideas on January 28. No decisions were made.

    New Business:

    Each board member stated goals for the next year:

  • ●  Karl--Discussed updating the promo pack. Some ideas that were discussed were a coaster for

    Brush n Brew; update burlap bags with an updated brochure. Karl also stated he wanted a corporate event, a slideshow on the Brush n Brew; wondershare; and a family movie night with concessions. The group discussed calling it “Cult Classics” and using films such as Young Frankenstein as the movies. ​Caroline motioned to have the first one be the 4th Saturday in April on the 27th. The advertisement would offer to sell popcorn and snacks and have people bring their own lawn chairs. Karl seconded. Motion passed​. Karl stated he was also going to be organizing a Madman bizarre bizarre custom art show for airbrush and pinstriping. There was a discussion on viable locations such as the fairgrounds or at a private facility.

  • ●  Ed--would like to solve the postcard problem so we can send them and be sure people do not throw them out. An idea was floated to make it an origami card. Ed agreed to work on the design.

  • ●  Ray stated he wanted a director (and intern). There was a discussion of finding a grant writer. Karl stated that his niece, a professional grant writer, might be able to assist. He agreed to vet her to see if there was an interest.

  • ●  Rose stated that she wants to complete the kitchen this year for rental purposes. It was agreed to try and find a plumber to help with the project. Rose also stated she wanted someone who could manage the instagram page on an every other day basis.

  • ●  Caroline would like to do a Freak Alley Gallery style mural juried competition. Karl suggested asking a paint store to sponsor.

  • ●  Other ideas were to organize a performance art at a Business After Hours with a bid on the piece. It would be a 4 ft by 5 ft canvas.

  • ●  Due to the success of the birthday party, the group decided to offer “Artie’s Parties.” The cost would be $40/person to cover the artist, materials and space for the first five people is $200 ($75 for the artist and up to $45 for another staff person to help); the sixth or more participant cost is $20 each up to 20 participants with a second assistant needed for over 10 participants. Pizza, drinks and cupcakes are provided for 10 or more participants as part of the fee. Less than 10 participants, the cost is $5/person for refreshments.

  • ●  The group discussed asking an artist to provide a ‘How to Enter a Competition” 60 minute workshop.

  • ●  There was a discussion about offering an Artists After Hours event on 4/19 or 4/26.

    Action Items:

  1. Caroline to create a simple teacher contract.

  2. Do the same for music lessons.

  3. Caroline to create a rental form.

  4. Ray to fix donation board.

  5. Ray to make Imaginarium logo for youth programming (use Artie?).

  6. Ray to provide Caroline structural components for roof.

  7. Cara to make sure membership winners get cards.

  8. Cara to input artist cards from LAF (ask Rose).

  9. Cara to email upcoming events every Friday.

  10. Cara to get all artwork on Instagram.

  11. Cara to put all posters and put events into Chamber website weekly.

  12. Cara to canvas for out of town instructors.

13. Rose to show by program funds allocated and spent by program after an event. 14. Rose to follow up with art teachers.
15. Ed to work on video sound system for OMN.
16. Ed to set up forms for March HS show and NHBP show.
17. Ed to create a fillable form for on-line submission of artwork.
18. Ed to work on a postcard using origami.

Calendar of Events

  • ●  Monday, February 25, 2019 @ 5:00 pm--Monthly Board Meeting

  • ●  HS Art Show drop off February 25-March 2; ​Gala Friday, March 8 from 6-8 pm

  • ●  Friday, March 1 1@ 7 pm OMN

  • ●  Monday, March 18 @ 6:15 pm--Monthly Board Meeting (cc can’t be there after March 12 or

    13th gone rest of month).*

  • ●  NHBP Art Show drop off March 31-April 6; ​Gala is Friday, April 12 from 7-9 pm​ (3 weekends)

  • ●  Friday, April 5 @ 7 pm OMN

  • ●  Saturday, April 27 @ 6:30 pm--Classic Cult Movie Night

  • ●  Monday, April 29 @ 6:15 pm--Monthly Board Meeting

  • ●  Friday, May 3 @ 7 pm OMN

  • ●  Monday, May 20 @ 6:15 pm--Monthly Board Meeting

  • ●  June 3-7--Imaginarium Kids Camp

  • ●  Friday, June 7 @ 7 pm OMN

    NEXT SCHEDULED MEETING: Tuesday, October 23 at 6:30 pm

    Free membership drawings​: Teri Shaw--January
    Ashley Tondini--February Anna Moore--March

    James Schuster--April Paulyn Ward--May
    Allison Mitchell--June Jeanine Parris-Calogero--July --August

    D’Anna Gugherty--September --October
    Brenda Ericson--November --December

    Coleen O’Neill--800 Facebook Like --March


    Classic Cult Logo and April 27 poster Imaginarium logo; poster